Thursday, October 15, 2020

Let us follow Jesus

“And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19

Why are many claiming to be believers in Christ or Christians when it is obvious that they do not follow Jesus? Many want Jesus’ miracles, but they do not want His lifestyle. You must ask yourself what changed in your life, since you claimed to be a believer.  Are you really following Christ? Can people follow you and their lives change? Are you a disciple of Jesus Christ? This is important because you cannot follow Christ and remain the same. Everyone who follows Him, He makes into something better, fit for the kingdom of God and for His use.

“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” 1 Corinthians 11:1

“And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.” Matthew 25:33

It is important for us to submit to teaching and training that will make us Disciples of Christ. This is the only way we can become His sheep and cease to be goats. Do not let us deceive ourselves, we cannot live our lives anyhow because we claim to be Christians and Jesus has paid it all. We must follow Him who paid the price, saved us from sins, and gave us the Holy Ghost.

Prayer for today: Lord Jesus, make me what you want me to be.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: