Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Your Garment and Your Head 2

 “Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:” Genesis 35:2

One of the Hymns says, “Are you washed in the blood, In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb? Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?   Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?” The provision for our clean garments is made complete in the finished work of Christ through His blood. Now the question is should we neglect this grace and continue in sin, taking God’s mercy for granted? Should we not bear the fruit that meets repentance?

“Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:” Matthew 3:8

‘And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.” Mark 10:50

I think the things that really make a new testament believer to have filthy garment is idolatry and disobedience. Idolatry is giving the space that belongs to God to another, particularly in our hearts.  God demands the whole of our hearts. Disobedience is taking deliberate actions against the will of God. These actually strengthen the enemy to resist us.  Jacob told his family to put away strange gods, to get clean and change their garments because they were preparing for God’s visitation. May the spirit of the Lord reveal to you the state of your garment in Jesus name. May you come into the fullness of God in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, wash me and cleanse me from all my sins and fill me with the Holy Ghost in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: