Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Your Garment and Your Head 1

 “Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment..” Ecclesiastes 9:8

There are few basic things that when they are taken care of, our lives will be in order.  Two of them are our garments and our heads. Physically speaking, the way you look is the way you will be addressed. This is also true to an extent spiritually. Your spiritual garment determines who you will attract while your head determines the authority you carry. We cause confusion in our lives when we put on garments to attract our arch-enemy, satan, despite the fact that we desire to have God in our lives. God’s best for us will always come in the midst of the enemy, so we cannot afford to have a dried head.

“And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him…… Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.” Zechariah 3:1-3

‘Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.” Psalms 23:5

Our garments must be white, while our heads must carry oil for us to position ourselves for all of God in this wild world. I will be sharing what we need to do to ensure this for the next few days. We must desire to keep our garments white and our heads oily. This may cause us to be distinct from the world and its ways but has both temporal and eternal benefits.

Prayer for today: Oh God, sanctify me and anointing me with the Holy Ghost in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: