Thursday, August 3, 2023

You can decree a thing!

 “Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee…… Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.” Job 22:21-28KJV.

One of the benefits of submitting to God is the power to decree and see the manifestation. You would have observed that there are many situations that you are involved in where you wish you could decree and see results. Yet, the Bible makes it clear that it should be normal for everyone who relates with God to make things happen through declarations. Jesus said, what you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and what you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven (Matthew 16:19). I cannot emphasize enough the importance of spending time with God so that we can make things happen through our words.

“Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.”  Joshua 10:12-13 KJV

“And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word." 1 Kings 17:1 KJV

If you submit to God, there is no devil you cannot resist (James 4:7). Joshua spoke to the sun and the moon, and they both obeyed. Elijah spoke to the rain, and the rain obeyed. Jesus spoke to the storm, and the storm obeyed. One thing that you can point to is that they were all in unity with the Father. I believe strongly that a decision to maintain the presence of God is a decision to stay victorious in this world.  

There is a breakthrough in your mouth, in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: I stop every storm that is against my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: