Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The name of the Lord

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.” Proverbs 18:10

One of the realities I have experienced as a believer in Christ is the reality of what the name of the Lord can do for me. Whether you are confronted by physical or spiritual enemies, the name of the Lord is a strong tower. Whether you are in a negative situation orchestrated by the kingdom of darkness or the kingdom of men, the name of the Lord is your defense and your rescue. I can boldly tell you that if you have the name of the Lord, you have solutions to all problems, both physical and spiritual.

“Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.” 1 Samuel 17:45-46

“Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.” Acts 2:6

For a new testament believer, the name of the Lord is the same as the name of Jesus Christ. A young lady was in a church in the northern part of Nigeria when some religious fanatics started approaching the church with cutlasses and other dangerous weapons, including fire and gasoline. She declared loudly, “Powers that want to waste me, in the name of Jesus, fall down and die.” The leader of the assailants suddenly fell down and was holding his tummy. The others saw this and fled. If you invoke the name of the Lord, you have a defense, supernatural provision, and total breakthrough.

Receive your miracle today, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Let the gates that lead into the city open for me on their own accord, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: