Sunday, August 20, 2023

Defeating defeats 1

 “O Lord, what shall I say, when Israel turneth their backs before their enemies!” Joshua 7:8

You can turn things around and defeat what defeated you. As a child of God, nothing should defeat you. Poverty, sickness, strong men, and evil personalities should never defeat you. If it ever happens, something is wrong. You must find the root cause and deal with it. You must take the battle back to the gate of the enemy and defeat him there. Your first action should be to ask God to show you the root cause, and you must deal with whatever He shows. You must act on God’s instructions.

“Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have put it even among their own stuff. Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.” Proverbs 24:10

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4

Most of the time, when a child of God goes through a defeat, God’s covenant has been violated. God is committed to His covenant with you, and the enemy is forbidden from prevailing over you. But when you bring in the accursed things, you turn a blessing into a curse. When you break the covenant, you open the door to attack from the enemy. The enemy is also always looking for an opening to come in. I decree that whatever door is opened for the enemy in your life is shut down by the blood of Jesus.

The covenant of God shall give you strength in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I decree that you are blessed in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: