Thursday, August 24, 2023

Defeating defeats 5

“And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,” Luke 15:17-18

Anyone can make mistakes, but as a Christian, never run away from the bosom of the Father. Outside the bosom of the Father is defeat. You can always overcome any defeat when you are in fellowship with the Father. Abide in Him and let Him abide in you. When the prodigal son left the bosom of the Father, he suffered defeat. However, when he returned, hoping to just be a servant, the father received him as his son. You will always be a son in the heart of the Father, no matter what you have done or how you have missed it, abide in Him.

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:4-5

“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” Romans 8:31-32

The kind of wisdom and power you will have depends on who you fellowship with and with whom you have an intimacy. You can never be intimate with God and be defeated. No physical or spiritual enemy or situation can withstand His presence. If you commit a sin, repent and stay in His presence. If you are facing any hardship, stay in His presence. When God is for you, nothing can be against you.

You have victory, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let your presence be with me and give me rest, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name. 

No comments: