Monday, August 7, 2023

The heart of worship

 “And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.” Genesis 22:5 KJV.

Your worship is your devotion to God. This is the highest level of relationship a child of God can have with God. It is an expression of your love and commitment to Him. It is more than singing. Actually, the heart of worship is sacrifice.  Worship is not complete without sacrifice. Abraham went up to worship, but the sacrifice was his son Isaac, whom he believed God to receive after 25 years and also in his old age. The only son, whom he loved dearly. When Abraham engaged God in this level of worship, he got the commitment of God forever (Genesis 22:16-18).

“Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.”  Psalms 50:5 KJV

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Romans 12:1 KJV

God wants you as a living sacrifice and nothing else. This is the level of worship that will secure you in His eternal covenant. All of God and none of you. To be a living sacrifice is to die to self and live unto God. This is the true worship God demands of us, His saints, the new covenant believers. Paul put it this way in Galatians 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

May you engage God in true worship through self-sacrifice unto God in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, please receive my body, soul and spirit as a living sacrifice and display Your Person through me in this world in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: