Friday, August 18, 2023

To know and to do!

 “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32

Everyone has two major responsibilities in this world: to know the truth and to do the truth. If anything is wrong with your life, the reason can be traced to what you are supposed to know that you do not know or what you know that you are not doing. You must be intentional about knowing what you should know to be who you are supposed to be. You must do what you are supposed to do, whether it is convenient or not.

“And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.” Luke 12:47-48

“If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.” Ecclesiastes 10:10

Don’t be too quick to do something without knowing. But when you know, don’t delay in taking action. Your first step in changing your situation is your hunger for learning. Learn new things, learn more to know more. Learn at the feet of Jesus. Most of the time, when you conquer spiritual ignorance, it becomes easy to know what to learn physically. Put what you have learned into practice.  Be consistent and persistent. This is the secret to birthing the change you need.

May you experience the change you desire in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, teach me and lead me in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: