Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The act of being desperate in prayer

 “And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.” Genesis 32:26

The act of being desperate in prayer is dependent on two factors. The first is a desperate need; the other is an unwavering conviction that God will do it. The implication is that the one praying is willing to stay till answers come, there is no room for “NO.” This is the act of a person with a “yes” faith. The late Archbishop Idahosa of blessed memory said, if your faith says yes, God will never say no. Truly, in the scriptures, no one who engaged in desperate prayer returned without an answer. It may take time, like Job’s situation; they stayed till it was well with their request.

“If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.” Job 14:14

““And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.” 1 Samuel 1:11

Jacob said, I will not let you go unless you bless me. Rachel said, give me a man child or I die. Hannah said if you give me a man child I will give him back to you. Zacchaeus said, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me. The Apostle said we would not leave unless you endued us with power from on high. Perhaps you are in a desperate situation, what are you going to say? You can never approach God with a single heart to receive yes and not have it (James 1:5).

It is well with your soul, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God reveal Yourself in my life as my Father, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: