Sunday, August 6, 2023

Two lessons from Zachariah

 “But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.” Luke 1:13 KJV.

Do you remember Zachariah, the Priest? He was the father of John the Baptist. He received him from God in his old age. The first lesson you should learn from him is that you should never stop praying, God will always answer you (Luke 18:1–7). We don’t know how long he prayed for a child, but it must have been a long time since he got married, He prayed until God answered him. The second lesson is that you should not doubt when your answer comes. He was praying in unbelief, but God neglected that because of his persistence in prayer. However, he expressed his unbelief when his answer came.

"And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.”  Luke 1:18 KJV

“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." Mark 11:24 KJV

A doubt in your head does not equal a doubt in your heart until you verbalize it. Never speak out your doubt or unbelief, particularly when it concerns what you desperately desire.  As you pray, keep on confessing that you believe and that you receive. I think many people know how to pray, but not many people know how to receive. Your confession is the key to your possession, even after you have prayed.

Receive answers to your prayers in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: I believe that I receive my miracles in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: