Saturday, August 26, 2023

Dealing with discouragement

 “Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.” Psalm 43:5

No matter how strong you are, there is a moment of weakness. There will be a time when you need encouragement; when things seem not to be going as planned or when it seems things are going wrong. In such a situation, what do you do? David went through such a situation several times. In each of those times, he spoke to his soul, encouraged himself, and turned to God for help. I believe what your soul is receiving at a moment of discouragement is of the utmost importance. The word of God you have heard and the word of God you are hearing are your keys to overcoming discouragement. It is your responsibility to choose to hear the right words.

“And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.” 1 Samuel 30:6

“Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.” Psalms 42:7-8

I have always remembered two statements from the Lord whenever discouragement set in. The first is that “if you stay with God, all shall be well.” The second is that “you are alone except for God and whoever He sends to you.” These two statements indicate that you must never be discouraged from seeking God and that you should never give up on God, no matter the situation. It has always worked for me. Perhaps you are going through discouragement right now, God asked me to tell you it is well with your soul.

Let your spirit be lifted, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: