Sunday, August 13, 2023

Expect great things

 “When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.” Psalms 126:1-3

Expectations precede manifestations. As a person in covenant with God, you can expect a total turnaround and great things. No matter what you are going through, the Lord will do great things for you. Think great things, talk great things, and expect great things. This is because God wants to fill your mouth with laughter and your tongue with singing so that the unbelievers around you can say that God has done great things for you.

“And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.” Luke 1:36

“And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them. Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.” John 6:8-9

God gives things that are spiritual and eternal, which makes your physical life better. Your covenant relationship with Him gives you access to great things. Things that are beyond ordinary. Things like an old woman becoming pregnant and a lame man receiving strength in his legs. God is not “broke”, and nothing is too hard for Him. Do not limit Him in your life. Spend time with Him and ask Him for great things. Do not leave His presence until you believe that you have received.

God will do great things for you this week, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: O God arise, and turn again my captivity in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: