Thursday, February 3, 2022

Wisdom sources 1

 “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6:6

All life’s failures are rooted in a lack of wisdom. The good news is that wisdom rubs on people, it’s a matter of the company you keep. The first wisdom source I want to share with you is mentoring. This includes parental mentoring, pastoral mentoring, and professional mentoring. Abraham taught Isaac faith based on obedience (Genesis 22:7), Jethro taught Moses people’s management (Exodus 18:17-18); Paul taught Timothy (2 Timothy 3:10). Our text says if you go to someone wiser than you, you can learn from the person and become wise.

“Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.” Proverbs 9:9

“And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.” Jeremiah 3:15

You did not choose your biological parents, God gave them to you. Allow God to also connect you to your spiritual parents. Choose your professional mentors who are willing to train and impart you. If you are on this planet, you are in for lifelong learning. Choosing mentors correctly will facilitate this. If you are looking for answers in any area of your life, find someone who has the answers and learn from him.

May you have an aptitude for learning in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, connect me with people that are wiser than me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: