Friday, February 18, 2022

The life of faith 4

 “(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)” 2 Corinthians 5:7

A life of faith is lived by believing the word of God. This does not depend on your feeling, what you can see, or the situation around you. The situation around you may be contrary, but because God has spoken and you believe, you are no longer afraid. You are now confident that the situation will turn around for your good. The life of faith is, “Believing is Seeing.” You believe and then you see what you believed. Can you believe what you cannot see? Yes, you can!! We do so all the time, although most times negatively. Faith does so positively. Faith believes in a positive situation, it cannot see.

“Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.” Acts 27:25

“(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.” Romans 4:17-18

Paul and others were in a voyage attacked by a deadly storm. They all could not eat for fourteen days and all hope that they would come out alive was gone. Then Paul heard God that they would all survive the storm. He believed God's word and started eating, encouraging others to do so. Abraham became the father of faith because he believed God for a child even at old age.

May you believe God every day of your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me the spirit of faith that I might believe you even in an impossible situation in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: