Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Deal with your past

 “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,” Philippians 3:13

Your past is behind you, but it can affect your future if you don’t deal with it wisely. You can learn from your past, but you cannot hold onto it. A lot of people are busy doing two things, they want to go to the new thing, but they are still holding to the past thing so they are struggling. The enemy of the glorious future is the past, whether good or bad. Stop lamenting the past you cannot amend it. You can learn faith and winning strategy from a victorious past, but don’t hold on to it.

“Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:18-19

“Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.” 1 Samuel 17: 36

If you have killed a Lion in the past, then focus on killing a Goliath in the future. If you failed in the past, God says, forget about it, success is in the future. Either way, God is going to do a new and better thing. The success of yesterday is gone so also the failure of yesterday. The past is always going to be the way it was, stop trying to change it.

May you receive a vision of a glorious future no matter how your past has been in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the strength to reach out into my glorious future in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: