Thursday, February 17, 2022

The life of faith 3

 “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.” 1 Timothy 4:15

A life of faith is built on the word of God. The bible is the written word of God. It is God’s law. It is God talking to you. You must meditate on God’s word for you to build your faith. Casual reading or reading just for the sake of telling yourself that you have fulfilled your church’s teaching of reading the Bible daily does not work. You must study the Bible, prayerfully ponder on the written word for the word to be part of you to build your faith.

“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” Joshua 1:8

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” 2 Timothy 3:16

If you gain an understanding of the word through meditation, it becomes easy for you to say it and do it. Schedule a time daily for the word. If your faith is being challenged in any area of your life, find all the scriptures about the area and meditate on them. Once you build your faith, you have the power to overcome.

May you give attention to the word daily in your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me a heart of understanding for your word in my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: