Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The life of faith 1

 “But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4

The life of faith begins with the word of God. Can you observe the similarity between today’s text and the text I shared yesterday? Today’s text says that man shall live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God while yesterday’s text says the just shall live by faith. In order words, the life of the just is a life of faith that depends on the word of God he feeds on. Beloved, the word of God you have received and believed is your key to living by faith.

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17

“But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;” Romans 10:8

Labor to fill your heart with the word. This is what separates strong Christians from weak ones. You can only say or speak what is in your heart. You can only live or express what is in your heart. Whatever is in your heart is the faith that determines your fate in life. It is high time you took God’s word seriously if you desire the life of faith.

May you be hungry for God’s word in Jesus name.

 

Prayer for today: Oh God let your word come to me daily in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: