Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Pray anyway!

 “And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years." Luke 1:18

There are instances in the bible when someone or some people could not believe it when their requests were granted. This was because the situation looked so impossible and difficult. However, they prayed anyway. They were consistent and persistent in prayers. And God rewarded them. One of these situations was Zechariah’s prayers. He continually mentioned in prayers that God should give him a child. He could not believe it when the answer came, because he did not know that God would do it. Beloved, I don’t know how difficult your situation seems to be, pray and don’t stop praying even if you don’t think God will do it.

“And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate. And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.  But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.” Acts 12:14-16

“And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;” Luke 18:1

Another such situation was the church praying continuously for Peter’s released. When Peter arrived, they could not believe it. Some of them thought it was his Angel. The praying people even said to Rhoda that she was mad because she said Peter was at the door. They did not think God would deliver Peter but they prayed anyway. They did continuously and received answers. Pray continuously on that situation, your answer will come in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: My prayers and answered in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: