Wednesday, April 7, 2021

The mindset of a victorious saint

 “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:” Philippians 2:5

A victorious saint is conscious of the fact that God is for him, and so no one, no situation, no power can be against him. He carries a winner mentality in every situation that he finds himself in. He is conscious of the finished work of Christ, the defeated devil, and the power of the Holy Spirit. Because of this mindset, he knows that either way in every situation, he wins. He knows that whatever is against him is against God and whatever is against God has lost. Because of this mindset, he says no to sin, he binds the devil and cast him out, he is bold in prayer, he is confident of the mercy of God to obtain favour, he makes bold declarations and takes territories.

“What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:37

“Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.” 1 Samuel 17:45-46

David, a seventeen-year-old, inexperienced, but anointed is a good example of a saint with a victory mindset.

He went after Goliath because of his consciousness of the presence of God within and without him. He declared how he would finish Goliath and the host of Philistine even before the fight started.  He won the fight with a seemingly incapable instrument. Beloved, it does not matter what it looks like, you cannot be defeated because you are a child of God. Approach whatever you are going through with this mindset. For as a man thinks in his heart so is he (Proverbs 23:7a)

Prayer for today: I have the mind of Christ, I am victorious in every situation in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: