Friday, April 2, 2021

What is good in Good Friday!

“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.” John 19:30

What is really good in good Friday? Yes, Jesus died for our sins on a Good Friday. But was that all? The bible says that Jesus received the vinegar and then said it was finished. Whatever Jesus received and ended must not be in your life. The vinegar represents “bitter.” Sickness is bitter. Rejection is bitter. Poverty is bitter. Failure is bitter. You can identify things that are bitter. If it is bitter, Jesus received it and ended it on a Good Friday. Apart from this, the devil lost all on a Good Friday.

“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” Revelation 1:18

“Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” 1 Corinthians 2:8

Our authority over the devil and his kingdom is rooted in the fact that Jesus died on a Good Friday and reconciled us unto God. The sin that gave the devil permission to harass us was dealt with on the cross. Now when we are confronted by a situation or any attack, we approach it with the consciousness of the fact that we are Gods. We are Children of the most high. We are the righteousness of God. We are seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above principalities and powers. In addition, It was on a Good Friday that Jesus took the keys of hell and death from satan. Jesus conquered hell and death in victory. Good Friday is really good. What should you do with this revelation? Enforce it in your life.

May the victory of His death be experienced in your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let every bitter situation in my life be swallowed by the power in the blood of Jesus in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: