Friday, April 23, 2021

More of God 3

 “He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30

If you really desire more of God, you must refrain from willful disobedience and let God have His way in your life. Your will must decrease while His will must increase. The best of God is only experienced by those who have surrendered their will for God’s will in their lives. God is hindered when we insist on doing things in our own way. Even in the midst of pain, Jesus said to God, “but yet not my will, but thine be done.” This is the secret to experience the power and the glory of God in the situation we find ourselves in.

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9

Earnestly desire more of God, let Him be at work in your life. Ask Him to do whatever He wants with your life. You can never compare the result that God will get through you with what your own effort can deliver. His thoughts are higher than ours. His ways are higher than ours. The wise man advised that we should cease from our own wisdom (Proverb 23:4). The question you need to ask yourself is, “what has your own wisdom delivered into your life?” You should turn your labor into the direction of more of God and see what He will do through you.

May you earnestly desire more of God in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God do whatever You want with my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: