Saturday, April 3, 2021

Between His death and resurrection

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;” 1 Peter 3:18-19

Jesus died in the flesh. The pain was real. The agony was real. He took our place in sin and suffered for it. He was then quickened by the Spirit that empowered Him to go and minister to all spirits that were in prison. The dead were given the opportunity to hear the gospel, even in the grave. Hell lost its hold over those who were dead without Christ. This is a great message for us the living. The implication is that nothing can hold us captive if the Spirit that is in Christ is operating in us. This same Spirit made Him resurrect from the dead.

“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Matthew 27:46

“But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” Romans 8:11

At the point of His death, He was forsaken even by the Father. The sin of the whole world was on Him.  But the Spirit took over immediately He gave up the Ghost. The work of the flesh finished and the Spirit took over. For someone who is reading this message and has been doing pushing in the flesh, I decree that the Spirit shall take over and see you through in Jesus name.  Yes between the death and the resurrection was the powerful work of the Spirit to bring restoration and to finish what He started.

May enjoy the ministry of the Spirit in every area of your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let Your Spirit move over me, let every dead situation turn to life, let every prison situation be terminated in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: