Thursday, April 1, 2021

The significance of the cross

“ Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” Luke 22:42

The cross is not a destination, it is a passage, but the ONLY WAY to the destination, where a man is changed to conform to the image of God. Though Jesus is no longer on the cross, the evidence of the cross is the changed and transformed man: a man walking in dominion through the wisdom and the power of God. If there has been an alternative, God would have accepted Jesus’ plea not to go through the cross. However, there is no alternative, the cross remains the only way for the redemption of man.

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8

“Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” 1 Corinthians 2:8

The cross mesmerized the devil and his kingdom. Satan supported the cross to the detriment of his kingdom. He lost the keys of hell and death. He never knew that the cross was the only way through which man would be free from his chains. The cross was God’s love towards humanity in the utmost display. He accepted us as sinners, and made provision for the forgiveness of our sins through the cross. The cross was and is our ticket to becoming the righteousness of God. Everyone who desires a place in eternity must come through the cross. There is no other way.

I decree that many souls will come to the cross and find victory in Jesus name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God, let the message of the cross permeates the entire universe in Jesus name.

 Salvation : Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: