Saturday, March 6, 2021

Never despise people

“Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” Mark 6:3

Everyone has something to offer, and you will always need at least the right person in your life to reach your goal. It is important for you to know what a man can do for you and take it. If you look down on any man because of his status or because of what he used to be, you may miss his contribution to your life. The people from the hometown of Jesus missed what He could do for them because they despised Him. They could not comprehend that the man who was their carpenter now has the wisdom and the power of God.

“And they gave him a piece of a cake of figs, and two clusters of raisins: and when he had eaten, his spirit came again to him: for he had eaten no bread, nor drunk any water, three days and three nights1 Samuel 30:12

“And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.” 2 Kings 5:3

There are three ways to this. Even when you think a man is at his lowest in life, if you can do anything to bring him up, do it, because he may be your agent of recovery in the future. Just as that dying man was an agent of total recovery for David. The second is that even a poor person can give you a word of wisdom such as the Hebrew slave who told Naaman that he could go to the Prophet in Israel and get healed. And thirdly, the wisdom of a man who has been to where you want to go may be all you need to get there.

May you not miss any man who is important for your destiny in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God give me the grace to identify the role of any person you have brought into my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: