Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Follow-through

“And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.” 2 Kings 13:19

Never leave any stone unturned to reach your goals. Never allow any setback to stop you. Follow through all the steps you have identified will get you there. Oversee and manage each step until you complete the process. If you need to read a book, do it and finish it. If you need to attend a class, do it and complete it. If you need to knock on a door many times, do it until it opens. If you have assigned a task to someone, follow through with him. Following through demands that you don’t stop until you get through. Following through demands that you finish what you started, even in prayers.

“And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:” Ruth 1:16

“Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.” Luke 18:5

You know why we are reading about Ruth today, she followed through. Orpha dropped out. The persistent widow in Luke 18 too followed through. She was not willing to stop until she got what she wanted. The joy of finishing a task makes following through a worthwhile adventure. In anything you plan to do, follow through to get through.

May you have a breakthrough today in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God give me the grace to follow through on my assignments in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: