Sunday, March 7, 2021

Abide with Jesus

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:5

The greatest regret a man can have in this life is to live without God. If you think you can do without Jesus, you will not abide with Him. But the truth is this, life becomes vanity without Jesus. You cannot fulfil the purpose of God for your life without Jesus. You may be tempted to substitute Jesus with the things of this life. This happens when someone who claims to be a Christian does not have time for personal fellowship with Him and has no care for His words. Such a person is not useful for Kingdom expansion because he cannot bring forth fruit. Abiding with Jesus will give you a fruitful life now and in eternity.

“Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.” Acts 4:13

“Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.” Job 23:12

Now to abide with Him means you make Him first in your life. You set aside time daily with Him in prayers and His word. You become hungry for His instruction for your life. You esteem His word more than anything in this life. You join in fellowship with others and you continually learn at His feet. Jesus told Matta in Luke 10: 41-42, “thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” If you spend time with Jesus, you will have His word. And if you have His word you will be fruitful and not troubled with the cares of this word.

May the grace of God abide with you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God Let your presence be with me and make me fruitful in life and in destiny in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: