Friday, March 12, 2021

Live on less

There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.” Proverbs 21:20

Money is an instrument for making your dreams and visions happen. Money also makes you live well. It is important for you to understand how to make, manage and grow your money. One key way to managing your money is to save, living on less.  You must separate your need from your want, and deliberately spend on your need, and save the rest. If you discipline yourself to save 20% of your income (Joseph’s formula), your financial future is guaranteed, no matter your current earning.

“Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years.” Genesis 41:34

“The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.” Proverbs 22:7

If your need is more than your current status, you have overrated yourself and you will live in debt. Savings become difficult when a man’s need is more than his income. Learn to cut yourself to size. Life is in phases, men are in sizes. You can program yourself out of poverty and avoid debt if you do not spend it all. The time of plenty is your opportunity to secure your future. Create the plenty in scarcity by living on the less to secure your future.

May you be disciplined to save in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me the grace to live on the less and save for the future in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: