Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Forgive

“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:31-32

Forgiving those who offend you brings healing to your soul and positions you to receive forgiveness from God. Un-forgiveness on the other hand, is a poison to destiny, it hinders prayer from being answered and permits sicknesses and diseases. No man who keeps malice can walk with God. God commands us to forgive others as a prerequisite to receiving forgiveness from Him. Especially, when the offender has asked for forgiveness.

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14-15

“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.” Matthew 18:21-22

Jesus’ instruction to all believers did not actually leave any room for us to hold anything against one another. He said we must let it go. Forgiveness keeps us together in the church and as a family. As human beings, for one reason or the other, offense may come. But we should not allow offense to stay so that we can enjoy the best of God in our lives and in our midst. As believers, we must be quick to say, “sorry,” and also be quick to say, “I forgive you.”

If there is any offense against you, let it go.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the grace to forgive others as I have received forgiveness from you in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: