Thursday, March 18, 2021

Conclude the past!

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,” Philippians 3:13

Conclude the past, whether good or bad. Never live in regrets of what happened yesterday. Also, the excitement of yesterday needs freshness today.  You do not have control over the past, stop attaching yourself to it. If you attach yourself to the past, you cannot go into the future. There are two lessons from your past. The first is how to continue to do things if you have been successful. The second is what to stop doing or change if you have been failing. No matter what the past is, your future is better.

“I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,” Luke 15:18

“Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.” 1 Samuel 17:36

One good thing about the prodigal son was that he did not remain in the past. He quickly reconsidered his ways, went back to his father, and gained a fresh opportunity to shape his future. David on the other hand, maintained his winning strategy. He did not die with the excitement of killing a lion, he went on to kill Goliath. Beloved, stop living in the past, your future is better.

May you enter your glorious future in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to see and enter the greatness that is ahead of me no matter my past in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: