Saturday, November 4, 2023

Who are your associates?

 “And Laban said unto him, I pray thee, if I have found favour in thine eyes, tarry: for I have learned by experience that the Lord hath blessed me for thy sake.” Genesis 30:27

When you choose your associates, you have chosen a destiny! When choosing your associates in life, choose the people who love God and walk in humility. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Your associates can determine whether God will bless you or not. There are some people that come into your life, and your smallness will be over; your little will become much. That was what happened to Laban when Jacob became his associate; his livestock multiplied. He recognized this and said to Jacob that he knew that God had blessed him for Jacob’s sake.

“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Proverbs 13:20

“Then Eliezer the son of Dodavah of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying, Because thou hast joined thyself with Ahaziah, the Lord hath broken thy works. And the ships were broken, that they were not able to go to Tarshish.” 2 Chronicles 20:37

On the other hand, there are people who come into a progressing thing, and that is the end of the progress. For such people, when they come into something that has been growing, retardation sets in immediately. Such was the influence of Ahaziah on Jehoshaphat. Jehoshaphat never failed on anything until Ahaziah became his associate. His ships were broken and could not get to their destinations. Beloved, pray the right associates into your life; reject people who hate God and are too proud to be blessed by God, no matter how attractive they are.  

May you associate with people that will bring God’s blessings into your life, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I reject evil associates and pray godly associates into my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: