Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Let it go! 2

 “And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.” Hebrews 11:15.

If your mind is in the past, you cannot enter your glorious future. You must let the past go, whether good or bad, whether painful or sweet. Your past is yesterday; let it go.  Let go of the failure of yesterday. Let go of the success of yesterday. The reason why people are stagnant is because they did not let go of yesterday. They keep looking at the past. The bible told us to remember the lot’s wife (Luke 17:32; Genesis 19:26). She looked back and became a pillar of salt. Stop looking back; start looking forward. Your yesterday must die for you to see and experience your tomorrow. You can learn from yesterday, but you must not stay there.

 “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:18-19

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14

Your eyes are in front, so it is impossible to look at both the front and the back at the same time. When you are looking back, you are not looking into the future. The direction of your “looking” has the power to tell your mind what it should do because your eyes are a major gate to your mind. Whatever has entered your mind has entered your life. If you keep your eyes on the future, your mind will create the path to get you there. That is why you should not look back. Jesus said no one who looks back is fit to get to the destination (Luke 9:62). Let go of the past!

May the power of the past be broken over your life, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, break the power of yesterday over my life, move me into my glorious future in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: