Friday, November 10, 2023

Stop doing things on your own!

 “Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.” 1 Samuel 17:5 KJV

The least of God’s strength is stronger than the greatest of a man’s strength. Walking with God allows you to access His strength and makes you look stronger than you are. Men have many weaknesses, but when you have God, your weaknesses do not matter. Beloved, stop doing things on your own! When you are dealing with things with the assurance that God is with you, all fear is taken away.

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10 (KJV)

“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” Acts 10:38KJV

You must know that David was skilled at using stones and slings. He truly had killed a Lion and a bear. But, realistically speaking, those experiences could not be compared with fighting Goliath. He could not fight Goliath alone, and he knew it. I put it this way: God took care of Goliath through David because David was fighting with the help of God. Beloved, stop confronting the day on your own; pray until you are full of the Holy Spirit and power, and you know it. Even Jesus did not do anything on his own but under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

God will help you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God help me to deal with all the issues of my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: