Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Taking hold of time and chances

 "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” Ecclesiastes 9:11KJV

Don’t leave things to time and chances; rather, take hold of time and chances. If your question is, Pastor, how do I do that? I have an answer for you. Every "time" you get comes with chances or opportunities. If you can discern the time, you can see and seize the opportunity. To discern the time, you need more than your physical eyes; you need either or both your eyes of the spirit and your eyes of the mind. You must sharpen your eyes to take hold of time and chances.

“And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.” 1 Chronicles 12:32 (KJV)

“And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.” Mark 10:46-47KJV

Bartimaeus had to see in a way first before he could take the chances and secure his physical eyesight. A lot of people don’t know that hearing and seeing are connected. When you hear clearly, you see. This is why, when someone explains to you something you did not know and you now know it, you exclaim, “I see.” For you to take hold of time and chances, you must sharpen your eyes and ears. To do that, you need to build your personal relationship with God and keep on building yourself. Spend time with God consistently and persistently. Put yourself through relevant learning and training.

You will not miss the opportunity that this season has brought to you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my understanding to discern times and seasons, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: