Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Covenant of rest 2

 “When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.” Proverbs 16:7

The covenant of rest is only available with God. If you want it, your way must please God. You must be willing to do whatever God tells you. You must stay where He wants you to stay and act on all His instructions for your life. This covenant will compel your enemies to be at peace with you. Laban was prevented from doing any harm to Jacob (Genesis 31:24). Esau who was coming with four hundred soldiers to attack Jacob changed his mind and made peace him (Genesis 33:1).

“If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:” Isaiah 1:19

“And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.” 2 Corinthians 10:6

You must stay in this covenant through obedience if you want to walk in this covenant of rest. You cannot doubt God or disobey Him. The price of obedience is a prerequisite. Your arch enemy, satan, will want you to doubt or disobey God so that he can steal the rest from you. He did exactly that to Adam and Eve (Genesis 3). The good news is that we only have to meditate regularly on the word of God so that we can walk according to His word (Joshua 1:8).

May the spirit of obedience be in you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I receive the grace to walk in the covenant of rest, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: