Monday, November 27, 2023

Covenant of rest 1

 “Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.” Isaiah 40:2

You don’t have to live your life fighting battles all the time. There is a covenant that can give you rest in this tempestuous world. God’s word is the basis of all His covenants. You must receive God’s word for rest and activate the word in your life by believing the word (Hebrews 4:1-3).  Never doubt the word that can bring you rest, no matter where you come from or the experience in your lineage. You don’t have to fight all the time; you must connect to the covenant that brings rest amid life’s battles.

“Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.” 1 Chronicles 22:9

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.” Psalms 23:4-5

 Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” This is the “Word” became “Flesh” speaking to you. You can eat in the midst of your enemies. You can have peace and quietness in the midst of turmoil. Your battle is over, and your peace has come. You must meditate on words like this until you believe them, and then you can boldly declare them. This is how to activate any covenant in your life.

Peace, be still, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I decree let there be rest within and around me, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: