Friday, December 23, 2022

This season is about Jesus

 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

This season is not just a holiday, it is about Jesus. The fact that some countries changed "Happy Christmas" to "happy holiday" should not distract us from the theme of the season, which is that Jesus is born. The Prince of Peace is born. The Savior of the world is born. The Light of the world is born. For believers in Christ, this is not just a religious celebration, but also a celebration of God’s commitment to His word and His love for the world.

“And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:10-12

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:116

As a believer, what should you do in a season like this? Make Jesus known to others in every way possible. Speak about Him. Live like Him. Show love by giving to others for His sake, and let the people know that the love of Jesus compels you. Be joyful and cheerful that you have Jesus, and let people know it. Let them also know that the same Jesus is coming back, not as a savior but as a Judge of the world.

Have a joyful season in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let Jesus be made known to the world through my daily life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: