Monday, December 26, 2022

The testimony of Elizabeth

 “And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.” Luke 1:36.

The testimony of Elizabeth was a faith booster for Mary. Elizabeth had received a similar miracle that Mary had just been informed would happen to her. Mary needed to maintain her faith to walk in and experience that miracle. The Angel mentioned the testimony of Elizabeth to Mary. Mary was a virgin, but Elizabeth was an old woman who had passed menopause. It was impossible physically for a virgin to conceive without a man, just as it was for an old woman who had passed menopause. Nevertheless, Elizabeth was already six months pregnant. This is evidence that all things are possible with God, and if it had happened to one, it would happen to another (Mark 13:37, Romans 2:11).

“That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” Hebrews 6:12

“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” 1 Cor 11:1

If you surround yourself with people who have not experienced the kind of miracle you expect, they will hinder your faith. When your Mary has been told that she will get pregnant supernaturally, you need an Elizabeth who was called barren, but had already been pregnant so that you can have faith in the God who does wonders. You need people of faith who will encourage you in your walk with God. You need the testimony of people who are walking with God to also believe God for what He can do in your life.

May you walk in God’s plan for your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, connect me with people that will help me to walk in your plans for my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: