Sunday, December 11, 2022

Intimacy with God 2

 “Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.” James 4:4

God is jealous over you and desires an intimate relationship with you, if you are His child.  God sees your intimacy with the world as an act of adultery toward Him. Note that He is not talking here about people, but about systems of this world. You cannot be intimate with God and the world at the same time. How can you claim to be a child of God and yet you are an enemy of God. We miss the best of God when we are intimate with the world.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” James 4:8-9

“He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.”  John 3:31.

You cannot do things that are contrary to God and His word because the world accepts them. This is what God calls, adultery, it is an intimacy with the world. Some of the warfare prayers you are praying will not be necessary if you are in an intimate relationship with God (2 Cor 6:14-18,10:3-6, Prov 16:7, James 4:8-9). He who comes from above is above all. You are like an eagle, you should not be romancing the chickens. Your intimacy with God will give you access to the wisdom and peace the world can never know.

May the secrets of God dwell in your bosom in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, I surrender my life to you, deal with whatever is preventing my intimacy with You in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: