Saturday, December 10, 2022

Intimacy with God 1

 “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” Daniel 11:32

To be intimate with God is to know Him and to walk in a covenant relationship with Him.  God has revealed Himself to us through Jesus Christ His son; the Word became flesh. God has also revealed His covenant through the written word, the Bible. You cannot claim to know God without knowing Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;” Hebrews 1:1-2

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”  John 1:1-3

Why should you be in an intimate relationship with God? The first reason is that the gift of eternal life is for only those who are intimate with God (John 17:3, John 3:16-18). The second reason is that the presence and the power of God are with those who are in an intimate relationship with Him (Genesis 39:2-5, Act 4:13). The third reason is that an intimate relationship with God will qualify you before God and men (Genesis 32:28, Daniel 5:11-12). These three are the answers to the questions of the temporal and eternal destinies of men. This is where the questions of sin, sickness, and dominion are answered.

 May you know God as a Person in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, take me into Your secret place in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: