Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Intimacy with God 4

 “And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.” 1 Kings 17:1

Intimacy with God is the answer to the fireless, visionless, and religious Christianity people are practicing today. If Christians are intimate with God, the subject of sin, power, obedience, dedication, and commitment will not be an issue. Only Christians who don’t have an alternative to God can enter into intimacy with Him. Only Christians who are intimate with God cannot be corrupted and will not bow to the gods of this world.

“Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.” Daniel 3:16-18

“And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”  Daniel 11:31.

You are still being pulled to attend church, and you always have reasons not to fellowship with other Christians. You have no time to pray and to study the Word of God. You think material things can take the place of spiritual things. If one of these applies to you, you are a “sorry Christian” case. You must quickly go before God and seek a new touch. You must hunger and thirst for an intimate relationship with God.

May you have a definite encounter with God in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let your power be at work in me and let Christ be formed in me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: