Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Spirit-controlled life

“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” Romans 8:6.

A spirit-controlled life is a spiritually-minded life. This is the kind of life that puts God first. His word and His Holy Spirit are prioritized above others. Your mind is set on things that are above and not on things on the earth. You desire all of God and you are passionate about His voice. The result of this life is a spiritual advantage that produces supernatural evidence, including Spirit-empowered life and peace.

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3:1-2

In this kind of life, fellowship with God is considered more important than discussion with men. Obedience to God is esteemed more than the emotional attachment or sentiments of men. This kind of life entails choosing to suffer affliction with the people of God, rather than enjoying the pleasures of sin for a season. It involves emptying oneself for the fullness of God.

May you give your mind to the Holy Spirit in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Holy Spirit, take over my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: