Saturday, August 8, 2020

Your choice, your life 2

“But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.” Acts 4:19

The first test of the choices before you is the God test. Any choice that is against God and His will for your life must be rejected. Some choices will be clear-cut as a sinful choice like when Potiphar’s wife asked Joseph to sleep with her. Joseph rejected it immediately saying how could I do this and sinned against God. Most times the choices will not look sinful, but will be particularly wrong for you because it is against the will of God for you. Your choice must not only be good, but it must also be godly.

“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.” Ecclesiastes 12:13

“All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.” 1 Corinthians 10:23

The choice that will bring you life, blessing and peace must be Godly. Your ability to make Godly choices will depend on your knowledge of His written word and your ability to listen and hear Him when He speaks to you. You must learn to wait until you know what the mind of God is concerning the choices before you when all options look good and godly.

Prayer for today: Oh God, reveal Your will to me concerning this situation and guide to me to make the right choice in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: