Monday, August 17, 2020

Spiritual hunger 2

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:” 1 Peter 2:2

The first kind of hunger you see in a baby is for milk. A baby who does not desire milk either is a stillbirth or is having a health problem. If you have never desired to grow in the word of God or you have never desired the word, it may be that you have never experienced a new birth. It is possible to be in church for several years and to be playing religion and not yet enter the kingdom. The good news is that if you start hungry for spiritual things now, God will fill you.

 “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.” Isaiah 55:1

“My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?” Psalms 42:2

You may buy a church position with money. You can even get an ordination to be a Pastor with money. However, you are cannot buy spiritual satisfaction with money. The only way to get it is a sincere hunger and thirst after God, His Word, and His Spirit. You might have been attracted to the church because of a need or a problem. The problem was solved but instead of you to receive salvation grace and begin to hunger after God, you decided to receive religion. People think you are a Christian but you are not. It is time for you to come to the Lord, get saved, and be hungry for spiritual things.

Prayer for today: Oh God, save my soul and put your desire in me in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: