Monday, August 3, 2020

Walking with God 3

“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” Romans 8:6-7

It is necessary for you to be in control of your flesh, if you have chosen to walk with God. It is your responsibility to yield to the Holy Spirit and His voice in your life. You must discipline your flesh to take charge of your behavior so that the fullness of God comes to you. You cannot accept the way of the world, you are different. You cannot be a fornicator, a thief, or afflicter of your neighbor.  Even if the world accepts a behavior to be normal, if it is against God, you cannot engage in it.

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” 1 John 2:15

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” 2 Cor 6:14

Walking with God is a lonely but highly rewarding adventure. You see a lot of Christians are living in fear today, they are not even sure of what God could and would do. If you walk with God, you will live a life of peace and victory even in the midst of storms and battles. See how Daniel slept in the Lion den and he did not stop to pray even when threatened. See how the three Hebrews youth refused to bow despite the fact that they were going to be thrown into a furnace. Our major care at this time in this world is both good and healthy living. God is able to provide us with both if we walk with Him.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let me walk with You in this dark world in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: