Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Spiritual hunger 4

 “And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” John 6:35

Everyone is hungry for something. Hunger gives your seeking a direction. You only seek for things that you are hungry. Most people are hungry for the food that will not last. Spiritual hunger will drive you to the feet of Jesus, the only place where you can get the bread of life that lasts forever. When this hunger is satisfied, most of the things that the people of the world are hungry for will naturally follow you. More importantly, this is what keeps a man in shape for an eternal destination.

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

“Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14

All physical evidence is subject to spiritual authority. The devil will want to misdirect your hunger and make you hungry for things that do not matter. He knows that if you have the right spiritual hunger and you get it satisfied; he will have to submit to you and even the situations that are contrary to you. Beloved, Jesus has food and water for your hunger and thirst, spend time with him and get it.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to direct my spiritual hunger to the feet of Jesus in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: