Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Walking with God 4

“And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.” Jeremiah 3:15

Pastors are spiritual mentors who help people to walk with God. You must not be without the Pastor that God has chosen from His heart to mentor you if you want to walk with God. If you are convinced that God put you under such a Pastor, you must obey him as if God has spoken for you to walk with God. Pastors are imperfect human beings in whom God has put His word and His spirit for people to grow in faith (2 Cor 4:7). If you are under the Pastor that God chose for you, your destiny is secured.

“And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:” Ephesians 4:11-12

“And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,” Acts 9:10-11

After God arrested Saul, who later became Paul, on the road to Damascus, He assigned him a Pastor so that he can grow. Angels will not do the work of men in your spiritual walk. Men are like Angels when God assigned them to your life. Your walk with God starts when you gave your heart to Jesus, but it does not end there. You must grow in grace and the knowledge of the Lord Jesus continuously as long as you are alive. May you receive the guidance you need for your spiritual walk with God.

Prayer for today: Oh God help me to locate the men You have positioned to help me in my walk with You in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: