Sunday, August 16, 2020

Spiritual hunger 1

“I, the Lord, am your God, Who brought you up from the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.” Psalm 81:10

The miracle of salvation has been likened to the deliverance of Israel from the land of Egypt. What should come after that is a genuine hunger for spiritual growth. God’s grace cannot increase in the life of a Christian without growth in the knowledge of Him. This grace distinguishes us from the rest of the world. It is of utmost importance that you become so hungry that you should open your mouth for God to fill it.

“He humbled you and let you be hungry, and fed you with manna which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you understand that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord.” Deuteronomy 8:3

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.” Matthew 5:8

I am sure you have been hungry before and had to eat to deal with the hunger. How satisfying it is to have a delicious meal in the right quality and quantity after a major hunger. Hungry generates unusual aggression and when it is satisfied it brings peace and energy. Yes, spiritual hunger should generate an unusual aggression. It must reveal a void that only God can fill. The results its satisfaction is a life of peace and energy which no devil can match.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let me be hungry in the spirit that you may fill me in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: