Friday, August 7, 2020

Your choice, your life 1

“I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;” Deuteronomy 30:19

Our lives are direct results of our choices. Any time you make a choice, you have determined your life. The right choices are based on the truth. The depth of information you have, the depth of your thinking, and your ability to foresee the consequences of the options will always determine your choice in life. Most times, there will not a clear-cut evidence of what a choice will bring. This means digging may be needed to make the right choice. For example the choice of who to marry, where to live, and what career to take. Your choice will either bring you life or death.

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8

“Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.” Genesis 13:11

When there are options before you and you need to make one choice. There are criteria you can use. These include God test, knowledge test, love test, and time test. I will be sharing each of these in the next four days with you. May God guide you to make the right choice in life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to make the right choice as I go about my daily life in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: