Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Walking with God 5

“No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” 2 Timothy 2:4

Our walk with God is like a soldier in the military. Focus, discipline, endurance, and total obedience are some of the characteristics that are seen in the life of a trained and committed soldier. A soldier defends the kingdom both in the time of war and in the time of peace. More importantly, they are not carried away by other affairs, but live to please the one who has recruited them. The reward of an earthly soldier is limited to the physical world alone, but our reward is both temporal and eternal.

“And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.” Luke 12:47-48

“And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:62

The good news about being a soldier of the Lord is that as long as we are in tune with the signal from our commander, we will live in security, enjoy His provision and experience victory. In our walk with the Lord, the most important thing in our life is what the Spirit is saying to us at all times. It is of utmost importance to be in tune with the voice of the Spirit and to obey promptly.

Prayer for today: Oh God help me to be attentive to the voice of Your Spirit at all times in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: